- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 250 g spinach
- 200 g Greek-style feta, crumbled
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Place cubed pumpkin into a seperate bowl, coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer in a baking dish and bake for 20minutes
- Place spinach in Thermomix bowl. Cook for 3min/100C/sp2. Transfer cooked spinach into the basket and use a spatula to push the spinach against the side of the basket to remove as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
- In Thermomix bowl, place onion and garlic. Chop 3sec/sp5. Cook for 5min/Varoma/sp1 with the MC off.
- Add pumpkin, spinach, feta and thyme. Combine 8sec/sp4.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half, to create 6 strips. Place equal amounts of mixture along the length of each strip. Brush long edge with beaten egg. Roll and seal. Repeat with all the pastry.
- Transfer the rolls, seam-side down, to a tray lined with baking paper. Cut into quarters. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25-30min until puffed and golden.
If you have frozen spinach, place it in the Thermomix bowl, defrost 5-10min/100C/sp1 or until completely defrosted.
If wanting to freeze, wait until the sausage rolls have completely cooled and place in single layers in ziplock freezer bags or airtight containers.
Any left-over mixture I have, I coat in any remaining egg and panko crumbs and cook in frypan for healthy vege patties!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.