- 2 Fresh red chillies, large, seeded and sliced thinly
- 125 g white vinegar
- 110 g white sugar
- 10 g fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh coriander
- 50 g canned water chestnuts, drained
- 300 g chicken mince
- 30 g soy sauce
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 500 g water
- oil or cooking spray, for greasing
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Lightly grease Varoma dish and tray and set aside.
2. Place ginger and corriander leaves into mixing bowl and chop
5 sec/speed 5.
3. Scrape down sides of bowl and then add water chestnuts.
Chop 4 sec/speed 4.
4. Add chicken mince and soy sauce. Combine 5 sec//speed 3. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry the mixing bowl.
- 5. Place chilli, vinegar and sugar into the mixing bowl. Cook for 8 mins/120degC/speed 1 or until syrupy. Set aside into a small jug.
- 6. Meanwhile, as the Glaze is cooking, fill the dumplings by placing a heaped teaspoonful onto the centre of each wonton wrapper. Brush the edges of each wrapper with water, bring the opposite corners together and press to seal. Place dumplings into prepared Varoma dish and tray.
7. Place water in the mixing bowl and Varoma dish and tray with dumplings into position, secure Varoma lid and steam 18 mins/ Varoma/speed1.
8. To serve, place the dumplings on chinese soup spoons and spoon over the chilli glaze. Garnish with chilli slices from the glaze mix. Enjoy!
Accessories you need
*Make your own chicken mince- use 300g partially frozen chicken breast fillets, cut into 3 cm pieces 5-6 sec/speed 6.
**to reduce heat of chilli you can substitute the long red chillis for red capsicum, finely cut into slices, in the glaze and/or for the garnish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Chickpea Dosa
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Black Bean Paste (sauce)
- Mars Bar Cheesecake
- Violet Crumble Cheesecake