- 20 g fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 sprigs fresh chives
- 200 g raw peeled prawns
- 300 g pork mince
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 package gyoza wrappers (containing at least 40 wrappers)
- 500 g water, plus extra as needed
- 2 tbsp peanut oil, for frying, plus extra for greasing
- Soy Sauce, to serve
- Line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place ginger, garlic and chives into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add prawn meat and mince and chop Turbo/2 sec/2-3 times. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add cornflour, oyster sauce, sesame oil, egg white, salt and pepper and combine 10 sec//speed 4 or until well combined. Transfer into a bowl. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place dumpling wrapper onto a clean work surface. Place 1 teaspoon of the filling into the centre of a wrapper. Using wet fingers, dampen edges of wrapper and fold over into a half circle shape to enclose the filling. Pinch edges together to seal, making small pleats along the edge. Place onto prepared tray. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling to make a total of 40 dumplings.
- Place water into mixing bowl. Lightly grease Varoma dish and tray with oil and place into position. Divide 20 of the dumplings between Varoma dish and tray, ensuring they do not touch. Secure Varoma lid and steam 10 min/Varoma/speed 1. Transfer into a thermal serving bowl or onto a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Divide remaining dumplings between Varoma dish and tray, ensuring they do not touch. Check water levels and top up, if required. Repeat steaming with remaining dumplings. Secure Varoma lid and steam 10 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add oil. Place 20 steamed dumplings into pan and fry until bottoms are golden brown and crispy (approx. 4-6 minutes). Do not turn. Transfer onto a serving plate and set aside. Repeat frying with remaining dumplings. Serve warm with soy sauce.
Recipe contributed by Brett McGregor.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Spinach Feta Triangles
- Chicken Bites
- Shredded Chicken with Mayonnaise & Chives
- Asian Chicken Meatballs in the Varoma
- Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta Sausage Rolls
- Satay Chicken Balls
- Veggie Patties
- Chicken Zaatar Balls
- Corn Fritters Taela-Made
- Onion Rings Taela-Made
- Gluten free wonton wrappers (dumplings)
- Spanish Gazpacho
- Lemon curd - Louise Keats
- Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango
- Louise Keats Lemon tart
- Hot cross buns
- Chocolate hazelnut kisses
- Fennel, date and nut bread
- Tomato pasta with vegetables and feta (TM31)
- Fruit and nut muesli (TM31)
- Quick fruit sorbet (TM31)
- Fruity dream (soft serve ice cream) (TM31)
- Crunchy carrot salad (TM31)
- Three cheese and spinach rolls (TM31)
- Tasty Choc Chip Party Cakes
- Creamy Caramel Custard
- Piper's Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes
- Spinach and Feta Quinoa Bites
- Variation Only THE BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!
- Madeleines Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Raita - Yoghurt salad
- South Indian Chicken Biryani
- Indian Chicken Chapli
- Russian beetroot salad
- FODMAP Friendly Chocolate Fondant Cake
- LOW FODMAP Vegetable Stock Paste