- 320 g ms Potatoes
- 450 g ms Plain Flour
- 50 g ms SR Flour
- 2 Tbspn Yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 g ms Warm Water
- 20 g ms Olive Oil
- Vegetable Oil for Deep Frying
- Any filling of your choice could include:
- Olives, Tomato, Basil
- Sultanas; or
- Sugar/Icing Sugar for Coating Zeppoli with
2h 0minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
1. Boil Potatoes, mash (puree) and put aside.
2. Add Water, Yeast, Oil and mix for 5 Seconds on Speed 3.
3. Add Flours, Salt, Potato and mix for 25 Seconds on Speed 6.
4. Set the dial to Closed Lid Position and kneed for 2 Minutes on Interval Speed .
5. Remove the dough from the bowl and allow to rise in warm place for up to 1 hour.
6. Bring Oil to frying point.
7. Place a single anchovy, or filling(s) of your choice, into the cente of your zeppoli and fold dough over to make a ball. Carefully drop the zeppoli into the hot oil and cook until slightly golden, light and fluffy (making sure to turn the dough balls to ensure even cooking) approximately 2-3 minutes. Take Zeppoli out and drain. If making sweet Zeppoli sprinkle with sugar or icing sugar.
8. Zeppoli's are best eaten when Hot!
Note: Zeppoli is a Southern Italian deep fried dough ball or fritter that can be made savoury or sweet and are often made at Easter, Christmas or New Years Day.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dolla's Cauliflower Cheese
- Variation Fruit and Almond Tart
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Slice
- Nat's perfect pumpkin soup
- SALMON with LEEK SAUCE
- LEEK SAUCE
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Chocolate Bean Cake with Coconut Butter Cream
- Raw vegan jam donut balls
- Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Banana, Coconut & Walnut Loaf With Cream Cheese Frosting