- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 grams peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 35 grams soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek or chilli paste
- 135 grams crunchy peanut butter
- 50 grams cashews or peanuts
- 400 ml can of coconut cream
- 1000 grams chicken thighs (diced)
- 150 grams fresh green beans, sliced
- bean sprouts, fresh
- cashews extra to garnish
Add peeled onion, halved and garlic cloves to bowl and chop 3 secs speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl and add peanut oil, saute 2 mins, varoma temp, speed 1.
Add sugar, soy sauce, chilli, peanut butter, nuts and coconut cream. Mix 10 secs, speed 5 to blend and chop nuts.
Add diced chicken and cook 12 mins, speed 1, ,100 degrees.
Add beans and cook for 5 mins, speed 1, , 100 degrees making sure beans are incorporated into sauce.
Check that chicken is cooked through and pour into Thermoserver to keep warm while cooking rice. I don't wash the bowl before cooking rice, it just adds extra flavour to the rice and saves time and water!
Serve satay chicken on bed of rice with coriander, bean sprouts and extra nuts.
You can use chicken breast diced if preffered but lessen the cooking time so it doesn't overcook and become dry.
Add extra chilli if you like it spicy, or sweet chilli sauce if you have no chilli paste or fresh chillies.Add whatever vegies you like for the last few minutes, we love fresh beans added and also zuchinni sliced on an angle.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LCHF Fat Head Pizza
- Healthy Pancakes
- Turmeric and quinoa porridge
- Korean Bibimbap (비빔밥) Mixed vegetables with rice and Gochujang(korean Chilli Paste)
- Chorizo Chili bang!!
- Korean Potato Glass Noodle Japchae 잡채
- Moussaka with Sweet Potato
- Kezz's Spring Rolls
- Scat's Floozie (Creamy Chicken, Caramelized Leek & Goats Cheese Tart)
- Chicken Jalfrezi
- Base Curry Sauce for Indian Curry
- Thermomix LCHF Pizza’s
- Deliciously Easy Tuna Dip
- QUICK & EASY BANANA SLICE
- Quinoa & Brown Rice Crackers
- Cauliflower & Butter Bean Soup
- Asian Style Dressing with Verjuice
- Apricot & Coconut Slice
- Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- White chocolate and cranberry slice
- Tomato Chilli Jam
- Coconut Citrus Tarts
- Sticky Pineapple Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Sour Cream Scones