- 6-8 instant cannelloni shells
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 ripe tomatoes, (about 400g or 1 tin)
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 3 Basil leaves, (or 1/2 tsp dried basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 250 gram tub of ricotta cheese
- 100 grams spinach or kale, steamed and moisture squeezed out
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- button mushrooms for heads
- red capsicum for mouths and bows
- black olives for eyes and feet
- dill, grated carrot or alfalfa for hair
- grated cheese for blanket
Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl and Blitz 3-5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil and saute 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add remaining tomato sauce ingredients and mix 10 seconds, speed 5.
Cook tomato sauce for 15 minutes, Varoma temperature, , . Place basket on top of TMX lid to stop splatters.
When cooked, , remove basket and insert MC. Turn speed slowly up to 8 for up to 10 seconds to create a smooth sauce.
Set aside and rinse bowl.
Place all cannelloni filling ingredients into mixing bowl and combine 5 seconds, speed 5 or until all ingredients are mixed and spinach is chopped.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Spread enough tomato sauce on the bottom of an oven proof bowl to cover the base.
Fill cannelloni tubes with ricotta filling using a teaspoon or piping bag.
Lay filled cannelloni in a row in oven proof dish on top of tomato sauce.
Spoon enough tomato sauce over cannelloni tubes to cover pasta.
Bake covered for 30 minutes.
When cooked, remove from oven and sprinkle grated cheese down the middle of the shells to look like a blanket.
Replace in oven uncovered until cheese is melted.
Complete decoration so cannelloni looks like little dolls lying under a blanket in bed:
* Cut slits in mushrooms for mouth and eyes and push slivers of black olives in for eyes and red capsicum strip for mouth. Place mushrooms at top end of cannelloni shells.
* Cut black olives in half and place two halves at the bottom end of the cannelloni shells to look like feet.
* Place dill, grated carrot or alfalfa around mushroom "heads" to look like hair and place small red capsicum bows on top of each "head".
The tomato sauce and filling can be made ahead of time.
You can also make the dish early in the day and refrigerate until you need to cook it. Cooking time will be significantly reduced as the cannelloni shells will have soaked up moisture from the sauce and already softened.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Baby banana oatmeal
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- My first veggies
- Huevo duro
- Little winner chicken dinner
- Infant/toddler brown rice and veggie risotto
- Infant/toddler sweet potato and lentil casserole
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Oli's Chia Pudding
- Baby Porridge with Berries
- Baby Food - Quinoa and Apple Puree
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Churros - Gluten free
- BEST EVER RICH CHRISTMAS CAKE
- DRIED APRICOT SLICE
- Vegan Pesto
- Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Marinated flank steak
- Hanne's porcupines