- 250 g Middle Bacon Rashers
- 1 medium brown onion, Quartered
- 150 g Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 360 g Self Raising Flour
- 95 g Rice Bran Oil
- 1 teaspoon Rice Bran Oil, extra
- 1 egg, Lightly Beaten
- 230 g Milk
- 100 g fetta cheese, crumbled
- 50 g fetta cheese, crumbled, Extra
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
This recipe makes 12 standard size muffins and 12 mini muffins.
Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 1 x 1/3 cup tin with 12 papers, line or grease 1 mini muffin tin with papers.
Remove rind and most of fat from bacon. Chop bacon and onion in bowl on speed 7 for 4 seconds. Add 1 teaspoon oil and cook for 6 minutes on varoma temperature speed 3 or until onion is soft.
Remove and reserve 1/4 of the bacon mixture to a separate bowl. Add spinach and oregano to tmx bowl and cook on varoma temperature, speed 3 for 1 minute or until spinach has wilted. Remove and place in a separate bowl to cool slightly. Wash and dry bowl.
Add flour and salt to tmx. Add oil, egg, milk and bacon/spinach mixture. Mix on for 10 seconds speed 6.
Add 100g of crumbled fetta and use spatula to fold through mixture.
Spoon mixture into tins and top each with reserved bacon and crumbled fetta.
Cook mini muffins for 10-12 minutes. Cook standard muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Stand in pans for 5 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool.
Accessories you need
Recipe converted and adapted from Recipes + May 2011.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chillean Empanadas
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Fridgetatas (steamed egg cups)
- Onion and goat cheese scrolls
- Sun dried tomato and halloumi bread
- Savoury Vegetable Medley Muffins
- Low Carb Cheese and bacon Cauliflower muffins
- Grain Free Pizza Base (AIP, paleo, low carb, yeast free, egg free)
- Spinach and Cheese Burek
- Savoury Brekkie Slice
- Cheese scones
- Jo's Southland Cheese Roll's
- White Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cookies
- Sour Cream Cakes
- White Chocolate & Raspberry Chelsea Scrolls
- Baked Peanut Cheesecake
- Chocolate, cranberry & pistachio brownies
- Cauliflower & Broccoli Gratin
- Little Cream Cakes
- Pear & Pecan Slice
- Simple Fruit Squares
- Green Bean Salad With Caper Dressing
- Cauliflower Fritters
- Honey Pecan Biscuits