- 2 litres full cream milk
- 90 grams lemon juice
- 30 grams Parmesan cheese, Grated
- 350 grams Fresh ricotta, Drained
- 1 egg
- 1 sprig Thyme
- pepper to taste
- olive oil
1. Heat 2 litres of milk for 12-15min/temp 85/sp3. Make sure the milk reaches a steady temperature. But do not burn or scald. I have found once it has frothed and reached temperature it works well.
2. Working quickly, turn the speed to 4 to create a whirlpool and turn off, while still whirling poor in lemon juice. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes. The liquid should start to become a clear yellow colour.
3. Gently poor the liquid and solids from the bowl into the basket to strain the solids. you can also use a nut bag or cheesecloth to do this.
4. Drain well. Discard the liquid.
1. Grate Parmesan cheese, place 1cm cubes in bowl and mill sp9/2sec.
2. Add thyme (leaves only), fresh ricotta, egg and seasoning. Mix sp 4/10sec.
3. Spoon out into well oiled ramekin, (you can line base with baking paper if you choose), fill to 3/4 full. Firmly press ricotta mix into ramiken and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil.
4. Bake in oven for 45 minutes at 170C, until browned and firmer to touch. You cen serve in the ramekin or turn out and bake for a further 5mins.
5. Serve warm or chilled.
Accessories you need
When making fresh ricotta, ensure that your milk is at simmering point for a few minutes. Check the temperature to ensure it holds the 85C temp when turned off. If it does not hold the temperature, increase the cooking time to ensure all 2 litres is hot.
Serve on a cheese platter with my Chilli Beetroot Relish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Kel's Healthy Quick Pumpkin Scones
- Spinach and Cheese Pastizzi
- Cob loaf with croutons and spinach dip
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- OMG Ali's Savoury Scones
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Ham, Cheese and Zucchini Pizza Scrolls
- Variation Brazilian cheese puffs
- Easy Lamb Pide
- Zucchini slice/muffins
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Gluten Free Cheese Puffs - WA School Canteen- Assessed AMBER
- Vegetable Pasta Sauce - WA School Canteen - Assessed
- Skolebrod (Norwegian Custard Buns)
- Chilli Beetroot Relish
- Chocolate Raspberry Drizzle Cake
- Blueberry and Coconut Mini Muffins (Wheat Free)
- Cherry and White Chocolate Tart
- Spelt Banana Loaf
- Popcorn Bars
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Apple Tea Cakes
- 15 second Berrylicious muffins
- Fruit slice
- Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom Fettuccine Carbonara
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Fettuccini Boscaiola
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes