- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3-4 swiss or 2 field mushrooms
- 50 grams Butter
- 8 thick beef or pork sausages
- 500-750 grams potato cubed medium sized
- assorted sliced vegetables, eg carrots, broccoli, beans etc to fit in Varoma dish
- 500 grams beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Corn Flour
- salt and pepper to taste, (lots of pepper)
Recipe is created for
Place the onion, garlic, mushrooms and butter into the TMX bowl and chop for 10 seconds on speed 5 then scrapedown sides and cook for 3 minutes at 100 degrees, speed 2
Place sausages in varoma tray (ensure they are not covering all of the vents).
Place vegies in varoma dish (once again check the vents).
Place the chopped potatoes into the rice basket.
Add stock, salt and pepper to the TMX bowl (I am generous with the pepper).
Place the rice basket into the TMX bowl and cook for 15 minutes at varoma temperature on speed 2.
Fit the varoma dish and tray onto the lid. Cook for 20 minutes at varoma temperature on speed 2
Remove the varoma and rice basket (the sausages and vegies are ready to serve). place veggies and sausages into Thermoserver.
If there is a build up of mushroom in the steamer basket scrape them into the TMX bowl. Add the cornflour and cook for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 4 to thicken the gravy. If you like a thicker sauce then add a little more cornflour and cook again on 100 degrees on speed 4 for 2 minutes
To make mash you need to remove the gravy and rinse the TMX bowl (don't fuss too much about it though). Check that the potatoes are cooked until almost falling apart. If they are not cooked enough add them into your bowl with some milk and cook a little longer. If they are fully cooked add your butterfly, potatoes, a little bit of milk and a dob of butter. Mix on speed 3 until they reach your desired consistency.
Serve Potato on plate with veggies and sausages, then pour sauce over the top.
I would love to take the credit for this dish but this is a varient of a recipe from Chelsea "ForumThermomix". Thank you Chelsea, we love it
my husband couldnt believe the sausages were steamed.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cherry, Sherbet Bellini
- Date and Ginger Slice
- All in one Meatloaf with BBQ sauce
- East Meets West (Midwest Chilli with Naan Bread)
- SWEET POTATO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES..GF
- Basil, Kale Pesto, Bacon and Mushroom Pizza Plait
- Coconut and Passionfruit Self Saucing Steamed Pudding
- Pain D'epi (Wheat Stalk Bread)
- Homemade Raspberry Cordial
- UP 'N' GONE (Additive and Preservative Free)
- Plum Streusel Kuchen (Plum Cake with Crumble Topping)
- Avocado, Pecan and Date Breakfast Spread
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Applesauce muffins
- Cale's Crepes
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Creamed Ruby Chard
- Buttermilk Bread Loaf
- Lemon and Passionfruit Curd
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Chocolate Brownie
- Strawberry Curd