- 125 g block of camembert cheese, chopped, at room temp
- 45 g chopped room temp butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 120 g plain flour
- 1 egg yolk, whisked, for glazing
cream butter and cheese (remove half or all of the rind for a milder taste)
10 seconds / speed 7 until smooth
add egg and beat 5 sec / speed 5
weigh flour and seasoning into a small bowl then add it slowly
through the MC hole taking around 1 minute
on speed 3-4 - until well combined and a wet dough
halve or quarter the dough and form into 2 or 4 balls.
Roll each ball very thinly between 2 large pieces of
baking paper (the dough should be stretchy and quite strong).
transfer the rolled dough, still on baking paper,
onto a baking tray and cut into shapes by scoring with a pizza cutter.
Brush crackers lightly with whisked egg yolk.
Sprinkle with sea salt or seasoning if desired.
bake about 15mins at 175deg until a light creamy brown colour,
do not over cook, they should snap light crackers
and will seperate along the score marks as they cook.
serve on a cheese board, as a nibble or with strawberry balsamic dip.
For somethiong different try sprinkling with strawberry sugar (dehydrated strawberries milled with raw sugar) or plain raw sugar bfore baking.
For a stronger flavour you can use white castello. An older camembert will also be stronger.
remove part or all of the rind for a milder flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- GF Apple Sauce muffins
- sweet Strawberry and balsamic dip
- Pumpkin Maple Scones
- Maple Butter
- Salad Soup (served cold)
- Healthy Chia and Coconut crepes
- Simple Christmas fruit Cakes/Muffins
- Warm Salmon Salad (nicoise style)
- Light & creamy Chicken alfredo pasta
- Low fat, creamy Pumpkin & coconut soup
- Hash Browns
- Beetroot Cupcakes (dairy free)
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Crunchy French baguettes