- 125 g block of camembert cheese, chopped, at room temp
- 45 g chopped room temp butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 120 g plain flour
- 1 egg yolk, whisked, for glazing
cream butter and cheese (remove half or all of the rind for a milder taste)
10 seconds / speed 7 until smooth
add egg and beat 5 sec / speed 5
weigh flour and seasoning into a small bowl then add it slowly
through the MC hole taking around 1 minute
on speed 3-4 - until well combined and a wet dough
halve or quarter the dough and form into 2 or 4 balls.
Roll each ball very thinly between 2 large pieces of
baking paper (the dough should be stretchy and quite strong).
transfer the rolled dough, still on baking paper,
onto a baking tray and cut into shapes by scoring with a pizza cutter.
Brush crackers lightly with whisked egg yolk.
Sprinkle with sea salt or seasoning if desired.
bake about 15mins at 175deg until a light creamy brown colour,
do not over cook, they should snap light crackers
and will seperate along the score marks as they cook.
serve on a cheese board, as a nibble or with strawberry balsamic dip.
For somethiong different try sprinkling with strawberry sugar (dehydrated strawberries milled with raw sugar) or plain raw sugar bfore baking.
For a stronger flavour you can use white castello. An older camembert will also be stronger.
remove part or all of the rind for a milder flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Mushroom bolognese
- Hidden veggie chicken sausage rolls
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Tasty Seedy Crackers
- Cheat's sourdough
- PIE MAKER- Zucchini Slice
- Sausage rolls
- Maple Bacon Scrolls
- Cauliflower Keto Bites (sweet or savoury)
- GF Apple Sauce muffins
- sweet Strawberry and balsamic dip
- Pumpkin Maple Scones
- Maple Butter
- Salad Soup (served cold)
- Healthy Chia and Coconut crepes
- Simple Christmas fruit Cakes/Muffins
- Warm Salmon Salad (nicoise style)
- Light & creamy Chicken alfredo pasta
- Low fat, creamy Pumpkin & coconut soup
- Hash Browns
- Beetroot Cupcakes (dairy free)
- Simple Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Churros - Gluten free
- BEST EVER RICH CHRISTMAS CAKE
- DRIED APRICOT SLICE
- Vegan Pesto
- Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Hanne's porcupines
- Pumpkin & Cranberry Cookies (Sugar free)
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)