- 120 g cheddar or tasty cheese, cubed
- 80 g Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 440 g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 60 g Butter, Extra
- 80 g cheddar or tasty cheese, cubed, Extra
- 380 g buttermilk
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 220C. Line a baking tray with non stick baking paper.
Place cheese in TM bowl and grate for 6 seconds on speed 8. Add butter, mustard and cayenne pepper, mix for 6 seconds on speed 6, or until combined. Set aside. No need to wash the bowl.
Place flour, salt, extra butter and extra cheese into TM bowl and mix for approx. 8 seconds on speed 8, or until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Add buttermilk, and mix for approx. 8 seconds on speed 5, until dough almost comes together.
Set dial to closed lid position and mix for 20 seconds on Interval speed to form a soft and sticky dough. Place on a lightly floured surface and press out to 2.5cm thick. Dip a 5cm cutter into flour, to prevent dough sticking. Cut out scones, and place so just touching on prepared baking tray.
Spoon 1 teaspoon of reserved cheese mixture onto the top of each scone. Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until golden and hollow when tapped on top.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Broccoli cheese bites
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Jalapeño Corn Bread
- Pie Maker Gluten Free Roast Meat Fritter
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls - Mixquisite
- Savoury Mini Muffins
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Coconut Chicken Curry
- Pesto Pizza with Prosciutto, Mozzarella and Fig
- Thermomix Feta
- Thermomix Halloumi
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- Plum and Berry Tart
- Glazed Lemon Syrup Cake
- Tropical Cider Cocktail
- Beef Fillet, Pistachio Mayonnaise, Crisp Summer Salad
- Liege Waffles (Belgium)
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato Soup
- White chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Coconut ice coffee kickstarter
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Marinara Sauce
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani