- 1 onion, peeled, quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 100 grams walnuts
- 30 grams almonds
- 20 grams macadamia nuts
- 95 grams rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon EDC vegetable stock concentrate
- 1 dash Italian herbs
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams feta cheese, cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 heaped teaspoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce / chutney
- 30 grams breadcrumbs
- 30 grams LSA (linseeds, sunflower seeds, almonds)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 5 sheets Puff pastry
- milk, one egg, sesame seeds for brushing / sprinkling on pastry at the end
8Recipe is created for
Pre-heat oven to 190°C, fan forced.
Remove puff pastry from packaging and separate sheets on bench.
Place onion, zucchini and carrot (and fresh herbs if you happen to be using these) into TM bowl and chop for 6 seconds on speed 6. You may need to scrape down the bowl and mix for an additional 3 seconds.
Add walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts and oats and chop for 4 seconds on speed 6. Scrape down the bowl.
Add eggs, feta cheese, parmesan cheese, sauces, stock, Italian herbs, breadcrumbs, LSA and chia seeds, and mix to combine for 20 seconds on speed 5.
Cut just thawed puff pastry in half on a working bench.
Place 1/8th of the mixture onto the long edge of the pastry and roll, then cut into four equal portions. Transfer to baking tray lined with baking paper, then brush the tops with whole milk and/or beaten egg, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake for 20 minutes at 190°C, fan forced, until crisp and golden.
Accessories you need
Makes 40 little sausage rolls.
Freezes easily for lunches/dinners.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make it nut-free by substituting other ingreadients for the nuts, like linseeds/sunflower seeds, and add different sauces if you like.
Also yummy the next day just microwaved.
Best served with some tomato sauce / chutney.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Kel's Healthy Quick Pumpkin Scones
- Spinach and Cheese Pastizzi
- Cob loaf with croutons and spinach dip
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- OMG Ali's Savoury Scones
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Ham, Cheese and Zucchini Pizza Scrolls
- Variation Brazilian cheese puffs
- Easy Lamb Pide
- Zucchini slice/muffins