- 1 tbsp chia seeds, (white or black)
- 140 g Whole raw almonds
- 15 g whole linseeds
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes, (or 1/2 tsp for extra bite)
- 60 g water
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds to finish, (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp extra sea salt flakes, (or to taste)
Preheat oven to 175C. Line a large baking sheet with non-stick baking paper.
Bake in the oven for approx 15 mins or until golden brown (watch that the thinner edges don't burn). Remove from oven & transfer crackers to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely - they will crisp up as they cool.
Accessories you need
This recipe is based on //www.discoveringtheextraordinary.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/zippy-garlic-crackers-grain-free.html
I was converting the original recipe for the TMX, but found the mixture was a little too wet & the resulting biscuits were a bit too soft/crumbly. I'm a big fan of chia seeds, especially in GF cooking, so I decided to add chia seeds to the water as a binding agent & the texture is much better. The addition of sesame seeds on top made this version taste better than the original, too.
Perfect for those following a paleo-type diet, GAPS or avoiding grains for whatever other reason. Also suitable for vegans.
If you prefer a blonder biscuit, you could blanch the almonds first. Of course, these may not be suitable for school lunches with so many schools being nut-free these days, but they would make a great high protein after-school snack or the perfect accompaniment to dips or a cheese platter.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Chicken & Leek Filling
- Beef curry pies (Pie-maker)
- Spinach and ricotta muffins
- Yorkshire Pudding
- Keto Scrolls - Mozarella Fat Head Dough
- MEDITERRANEAN SCROLLS
- SICILIAN BRIOCHE
- Lisa's Vegetable Pikelets
- Little piggy faces
- Savoury cheese scone
- Maria's Meat Balls
- More Again Savory Paleo Muffin
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Capsicum tomato pasta sauce
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Lemon cheesecake pots
- Easy-Peasy Macaroni Cheese(y)
- Mini Weetbix & Date loaf Cakes