- 1 tbsp chia seeds, (white or black)
- 140 g Whole raw almonds
- 15 g whole linseeds
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes, (or 1/2 tsp for extra bite)
- 60 g water
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds to finish, (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp extra sea salt flakes, (or to taste)
Preheat oven to 175C. Line a large baking sheet with non-stick baking paper.
Bake in the oven for approx 15 mins or until golden brown (watch that the thinner edges don't burn). Remove from oven & transfer crackers to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely - they will crisp up as they cool.
Accessories you need
This recipe is based on //www.discoveringtheextraordinary.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/zippy-garlic-crackers-grain-free.html
I was converting the original recipe for the TMX, but found the mixture was a little too wet & the resulting biscuits were a bit too soft/crumbly. I'm a big fan of chia seeds, especially in GF cooking, so I decided to add chia seeds to the water as a binding agent & the texture is much better. The addition of sesame seeds on top made this version taste better than the original, too.
Perfect for those following a paleo-type diet, GAPS or avoiding grains for whatever other reason. Also suitable for vegans.
If you prefer a blonder biscuit, you could blanch the almonds first. Of course, these may not be suitable for school lunches with so many schools being nut-free these days, but they would make a great high protein after-school snack or the perfect accompaniment to dips or a cheese platter.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Puff Pastry
- Rosemary sausage rolls
- LCHF brocolli bake
- Cauliflower and Turmeric flatbread
- Indian Tandoori puffs
- Savoury breakfast muffins
- Spinach & Gruyère Quiche
- Cheesy cauliflower & zucchini muffins
- Vegetable Risotto Balls
- Baked Bubbly Muesli Bars
- Gluten Free Chunky steak, mushroom and mince pie
- Spinach and Chorizo Savoury Muffins
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls
- Quick Puff Pastry
- ThermoMonts Quinoa Crackers
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Risotto
- Gazpacho Andaluz (like Mama makes)
- Califlower soup with parmesen and bacon dust
- Mango lassi
- Strawberry, kiwi and apple baby food