- 40 g parmesan
- 225 g buttermilk, (205g Milk + 20g Vinegar)
- 165 g water
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 550 g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g Bacon slices
- 4 heaped tbsp Bacon Jam, (Recipe under preparation)
- 250 g cream cheese
- Handful of shredded cheese
- Prepare Bacon Jam as per Thermomix instructions, then set aside and clean mixing bowl.
This takes approximately 30-40 minutes (I made mine the night before).
Search the recipe community for Bacon Jam.
I used Bacon Jam - ThermoFun.
- Cut the Parmesan into cubes, place into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
- Create Buttermilk, pour roughly 205g of Milk and 1 Tbs of Vinegar into mixing bowl. Stir and let sit for 5-10 minutes (If Required).
- Place Water and Yeast in the mixing bowl with the Buttermilk, heat 3 min/37C/speed1.
Add Salt, Plain flour and Parmesan, then mix 6 sec/speed 6. Scrap down the sides then knead for 3 minutes.
- Transfer dough into a large bowl lined with a little oil or cooking spray. (This is a sticky dough, remove the blade from the mixing bowl and use your spatula to remove all the dough).
- Cover dough with cling wrap or a damp tea towel and leave to prove in a warm area until double in size. (Around 30 minutes).
- Pre heat oven to 200C and prepare two muffin trays with a light coating of cooking spray. (I used one tray and did two batches).
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper onto your work surface and lightly dust with flour.
Fold the bacon pieces into the dough to incorporate before transferring onto the parchment.
- Roll dough into a rectangle approximately 45-50cm x 30cm (this will create more portions and enable them to fit into a muffin pan).
See Notes: in relation to larger portions (40x30cm yield 16-18 scrolls)
- Roll the dough from the longest side, creating a long Sausage and pressing at the end to seal.
Cut the rolled dough in half, then in half again. You should get approx 5-6 scrolls from each quarter roll. This will yield 20-24 pieces roughly 2.5cm long.
See Notes: in relation to larger portions (4-5 scrolls from each quarter roll will yield 16-18 pieces).
- Place scrolls into the muffin tray or onto a lined baking tray.
Place in a warm spot for 30 mins until they have almost doubled in size (Optional. See Notes).
Bake in oven for 15-25 mins until desired colouring is reached.
Accessories you need
Frying bacon is not required but it definitely increases the aroma and flavour.
I have made these scrolls larger by rolling my dough into a 40cm x 30cm rectangle. Cut your quarter rolls into 4-5 scrolls, this yielded about 16 or more scrolls. They are large but can still fit into a muffin tin, I did however have to fold the Scroll portions to fit them in. (Just a little fiddling).
You can bake these on either baking tray or in a large greased cake tin.
I have baked immediately after assemble without the second prove and they come out fine.
Preparation time includes: 1 hour of proving (if you prove twice. Personally I skip the second prove and place the scrolls immediately in the oven).
Baking time includes: 30 minutes to create the Bacon Jam not listed in this recipe.
To avoid duplication, I have left a suggestion where to find the recipe for Maple Bacon Jam as this recipe was not my own.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- Low Carb Gluten Free Cheese Scones-
- Apricot slice
- Cheesy Sweet Chilli Scrolls
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Zucchini Frittata Variation Pumpkin,chorizo and spinach frittata
- Corn meat fritters
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Zucchini slice
- Chilli Seed Crackers - Easy, Healthy, Quick
- Super Easy British Cheese Straws
- Thermomellie's no meat sausage rolls
- Turkish Pide with cheese and onion
- Pumpkin & Cranberry Cookies (Sugar free)
- Peanut butter & Chickpea Blondies
- Lemon Drop Cookies (sugar free | egg yolk cookies)
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (sugar free)
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (sugar free)
- Apple & Sultana Cookies (sugar free)
- Carrot and Zucchini Cookies (sugar free)
- Choc Chip Cookie balls
- Peach & Coconut milk rice pudding (Baby Food)
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- All Green Stock Powder
- Super Easy Waffles
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Recco Classico