- 2 cloves garlic
- 300g short cut bacon cut into quarters, trim ALL fat
- 1 large onion, peeled and halved
- 20g olive oil
- 160g brown sugar
- 80g apple cider vinegar
- 60g Maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee, dissolved in 3 Tbsp boiling water
- 2 tsp smoked or sweet paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon, ground
TM5 users where Varoma temperature is stated, use 115°.
This was first published on my website 19th October 2014 and was enjoyed by many on the ThermoFun November Cook Along //thermofun.com/thermofun-week-cook-long/
For more decadent recipes head over to my website: //thermofun.com/
You can also find me on my facebook page ThermoFun
This is the most amazing jam and can be used with so many things. For example:it will turn your humble burger into a gourmet burger,
- boring sandwich fillings get a lift,
- bake it on top or in the middle of your meatloaf,
- inside your toastie with melted cheese,
- a tasty sauce to eat with your omelette,
- with your breakfast scrambled eggs,
- as part of a party charcuterie or cheese platter,
- as a finger food spread on crackers with cream cheese,
- or fill small tart or vol au vent cases,
- serve alongside roast meats,
- BBQ meat condiment,
- on top of a T-Bone steak,
- on top of baked potatoes,
- as a pizza base sauce.
If you enjoy it with something else not listed above I’d love you to tell us in the comments below.
For a vegan alternative try my Tomato Jam //thermofun.com/tomato-jam-recipe-bacon-jams-vegan-sister/
With many thanks to one of my lovely ThermoFun Club members who helped me tweak many recipes to then create this one for the Thermomix. Thanks Tania
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Unfried Rice
- Maple Butter
- Tim Tam Cake
- Lime and Ginger Curd
- Baileys and Chocolate Pannacotta - ThermoFun
- Zucchini Cake - ThermoFun
- Mars Bar Brownie - ThermoFun
- Coconut Chicken Curry - ThermoFun
- Red Capsicum with Feta and Cashew Chunky Dip - ThermoFun
- Roasted Pumpkin with Cashew and Parmesan - ThermoFun
- Basil with Cashew and Parmesan - ThermoFun
- Baby Spinach with Cashew and Parmesan - ThermoFun