- 1 brown onion, halved
- 1/2 red capsicum, deseeded and cut in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tsp dried italian herbs
- 50 g reduced fat cheese, cut into cubes
- 45 g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 45 g white self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp smoked or sweet paprika
- salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 tsp low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Sliced black Olives
- 1 tbsp no-added-salt tomato paste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 24-hole mini-muffin pan with olive oil.
2. Add onion and capsicum to mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add olive oil and dried herbs and cook 5 min/Varoma/speed 1. Set aside mixture to cool. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
4. Add cheese to clean mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9.
5. Add flours, paprika, salt, pepper, milk, egg, olives, tomato paste and reserved onion mixture to mixing bowl and combine 10 sec/speed 5.
6. Spoon the batter into the muffin holes, filling each to two-thirds full. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned, then leave to cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve the muffins warm or at room temperature.
Accessories you need
You can also line the mini-muffin tin with mini liners, lightly greasing with oil.
Edited recipes from the book CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Recipes on a Budget by Professor Manny Noakes with photography by Cath Muscat published by Penguin
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut Loaf
- Pastie Slice
- Savoury Muffins
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Pumpkin Scones
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- The Ultimate Mousetraps
- Bacon, Celery & Cheese Muffins
- Annabel Langbein's Sesame Lavosh
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Herby Ricotta & Courgette Muffins
- Gluten Free crispbread, crackers, flatbread, matzo