- 1 --- onion, halved
- 1 carrot, chopped in pieces (to grate)
- 40 grams Vegetable Oil (2 Tbsp), (= 2 Tbsp)
- 2 teaspoon Dried Oregano or Italian Herbs
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 130 grams breadcrumbs, Reserve some for the end
- 500 grams Minced beef
- 250 grams minced pork
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 15 grams soy sauce, (= 1 Tbsp)
- 2 eggs, (1 x for brushing)
- 3 sheets ready rolled puff pastry, (Pg 52 from The Basic Cookbook if making your own)
1h 5minPreparation 40minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven at 200°C
Line baking tray with baking paper and set aside
Add onion (cut in half) and carrot pieces to TM bowl and chop 3-5 secs/Speed 5
Saute onion and carrot with oil 3 min/Varoma/Speed 1
Mix in dried italian herbs or dried oregano, garlic powder with onion & carrot mixture.
Mix 20 secs/Speed5
Set aside to cool.
Add breadcrumbs, mince (Beef & Pork), tomato paste, soy sauce and 1 egg to TM Bowl.
Mix 20 secs/Speed 5
Fold in onion/carrot/herb mixture. Mix20 secs/Speed 5
Roll out to 3cm wide cylinders, then coat these with breadcrumbs
Beat the remaining eggs and brush onto the puff pastry
Cut puff pastry in half (horizontally)
Place the mince log at one end and roll up, until the pastry just overlaps. Trim off the excess, and place the rolls seam-side down on lined oven trays
Repeat with the remaining pastry and mince
Brush the roll with remaining egg, and cut into 5 piece marks
Bake for 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden and crisp
Cool slightly on wire racks before serving.
Sausage Roll Filling
Accessories you need
You can also brush pastry with milk instead of egg.
Will make 6 long rolls. Great for freezing if not cooking all rolls.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Blue Cheese & Sesame Biscuits
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Paleo Focaccia Loaf
- Pumpkin, Cheese & Bacon Scones
- Spinach and Ricotta Rolls
- Gluten Free Quiche Base
- Red Tortoise Cake - Ang Ku Kuih
- Parmesan Cheddar Crackers
- Chillean Empanadas
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Veg Thai green curry recipe
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Bacon & Pesto Pasta Sauce
- Genovese pasta
- Soph’s Pasta Sauce
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Maple Beef