- olive oil, for greasing
- 70 g raw almonds
- 40 g sesame seeds
- 150 g rolled oats
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, crust removed, cut into pieces (3 cm)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 80 g water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 80 g red onion, peeled, cut into wedges (1 cm) and separated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 90-100 g Portobello mushroom (approx. 1 large), cut into halves and sliced (½-1 cm)
- 120 g fresh silverbeet, leaves only, cut into thin strips
- 3 eggs
- 120 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 50 g goat's cheese
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a tart tin (24 cm) and set aside.
Place almonds, sesame seeds, oats, Parmesan and salt into mixing bowl and mill 1 min/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add water and mix 5 sec/speed 5. Transfer into prepared tin and spread out in base of tin. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to dry out -- this will make it easier to press into the tin (if pastry is still sticky after 5 minutes allow to sit for a further 5 minutes). Press crust down into tin and bake for 7 minutes (180°C). Set aside while making filling.
Place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add onion and oil and cook 4 min/100°C//speed
Add thyme, mushrooms and cook 4 min/100°C//speed .
Add silverbeet and cook 2 min/100°C//speed, or until silverbeet has wilted.
Transfer into simmering basket to drain excess liquid, then set aside. Rinse mixing bowl.
Place eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper into mixing bowl and mix 15 sec/speed 3.
Evenly spread silverbeet mixture over base and pour egg mixture over silverbeet mixture. Crumble goat's cheese over egg mixture and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden and firm on top.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Oat and Parmesan crust
Other users also liked...
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Cheats kousa