- 2 bunches Fresh english spinach leaves, Chopped roughly
- 2 onions, Chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions/shallots, Sliced
- 1 bunch dill, fresh, Thick stalks removed
- 1 bunch parsley leaf, Continental
- 225 grams fetta cheese, crumbled, Greek or Bulgarian sheeps milk
- 130 grams ricotta cheese
- 2 Eggs, Large
- olive oil, 1/4
- black peppercorns, Freshly ground
- 1 package phyllo pastry, Room temperature
- Butter, For basting
- rice, Medium grain small handful.
Remove pastry from packaging and spread flat. Cover with a clean tea towel then a second towel that has been dampened and wrung out tightly.(to prevent drying out). Place spinach in varoma and water in bowl.steam for 5 minutes varoma heat speed 3. Allow to drain. Chop onions in TM bowl add oil and cook for 5 minutes varoma temp speed3 add sliced shallots and sauté another3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside in large bowl. Place drained spinach in TM bowl with parsley and dill, chop speed 7 3 seconds. Add to onion mix. Rinse bowl and beat eggs then add cheeses pepper and mix till combined, reverse. Add to other ingredients along with a small handful of rice(to soak up excess liquid) and mix thoroughly.
Take a sheet of phyllo and lightly baste 2/3 with melted butter long ways.fold the one third not buttered over onto the middle 1/3 then the top 1/3 on top . Place a large teaspoon of mix at end and fold over crossways to form a triangle. Keep on folding until you reach the other end. Place the seam underneath and baste with a little more butter . Continue with other sheets until tray is full, being careful to cover remaining pastry as you remove the sheets, especially on a hot day. Cook in a medium hot oven,say 180 degrees fan forced until golden brown. You can also make large pies with prepared puff pastry. Place mix onto half the sheet and fold on top and crimp edges. Baste with milk or egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Fridgetatas (steamed egg cups)
- Onion and goat cheese scrolls
- Sun dried tomato and halloumi bread
- Savoury Vegetable Medley Muffins
- Low Carb Cheese and bacon Cauliflower muffins
- Grain Free Pizza Base (AIP, paleo, low carb, yeast free, egg free)
- Spinach and Cheese Burek
- Savoury Brekkie Slice
- Cheese scones
- Jo's Southland Cheese Roll's
- Brie and Salmon quiche
- Quick Chick
- Warm leek and cashew dip
- Sugar Free Lemon Curd/Butter
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Top Deck Caramel Crunch
- Fluffy Keto Cheesecake with Gin infused Lemon Curd
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- Raw Brownie Bites
- The perfect lemon tart