- 250 g sweet potato, Cooked
- 50 g oil, Olive, macadamia etc
- 65 g Milk, dairy, almond, coconut etc
- 1 egg
- 285 g spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 tablespoon Rapadura Sugar
Roughly chop (peeled) sweet potato and put in steaming basket.
Add 500g of water to bowl and steam for 25 mins, Varoma Temp, Speed 2.
When cooked through set aside to cool and empty and dry TM bowl.
Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
Place the sweet potato (once cooled) into the TM bowl and mix on Speed 4 for 10 seconds.
Add oil, milk and egg and mix on Speed 6 for 10 seconds.
Add flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and sugar and mix on Speed 6 for 20 seconds or until combinded. If the mix is too wet you can add more flour and re mix.
Roll out dough (its quite sticky) onto floured thermomat until about 2cms thick. I actually just use my hands to press out the dough.
Flour the MC and use it to cut out scones.
Place scones on a lined baking tray and cook for 12 - 15 minutes until lightly browned on top.
Let the scones cool on the tray for a few minutes (If they last that long!) then transfer to a wire rack.
I got this recipe from the Lunchbox doctor and tweaked it slightly for the Thermomix. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- Salmon and Spinach Quiche with Pea Pesto
- Pie maker Bacon, leek and mushroom pies
- Easy Cheesey topped Scones
- Gluten Free Cheese Puffs - WA School Canteen- Assessed AMBER
- Soft Flatbread
- Pineapple and cheese scrolls
- Spinach and cheese scrolls
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Cheese and Bacon Mini Muffins
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Quick Cacao & Peppermint Bliss Balls - Nut & Dairy Free
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Durban Naan
- Dotty's Lemon and Sultana Tea Loaf
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Banana Nut Bread