- 250 g sweet potato, Cooked
- 50 g oil, Olive, macadamia etc
- 65 g Milk, dairy, almond, coconut etc
- 1 egg
- 285 g spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 tablespoon Rapadura Sugar
Roughly chop (peeled) sweet potato and put in steaming basket.
Add 500g of water to bowl and steam for 25 mins, Varoma Temp, Speed 2.
When cooked through set aside to cool and empty and dry TM bowl.
Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
Place the sweet potato (once cooled) into the TM bowl and mix on Speed 4 for 10 seconds.
Add oil, milk and egg and mix on Speed 6 for 10 seconds.
Add flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and sugar and mix on Speed 6 for 20 seconds or until combinded. If the mix is too wet you can add more flour and re mix.
Roll out dough (its quite sticky) onto floured thermomat until about 2cms thick. I actually just use my hands to press out the dough.
Flour the MC and use it to cut out scones.
Place scones on a lined baking tray and cook for 12 - 15 minutes until lightly browned on top.
Let the scones cool on the tray for a few minutes (If they last that long!) then transfer to a wire rack.
I got this recipe from the Lunchbox doctor and tweaked it slightly for the Thermomix. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Yogurt pizza dough
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Kel's Healthy Quick Pumpkin Scones
- Spinach and Cheese Pastizzi
- Cob loaf with croutons and spinach dip
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- OMG Ali's Savoury Scones
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Ham, Cheese and Zucchini Pizza Scrolls
- Variation Brazilian cheese puffs