- 420 g Chick-peas, canned, drained
- 1 tablespoon water or coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 70 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon GF baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125 g Butter
- 5 eggs
- 180 g sugar
Pre-heat oven to 160c fan-forced
Add butter and sugar into TM bowl and beat SP 5 30 seconds
Add the eggs, vanilla and water/coffee & beat for 20 seconds SP 4.
Add drained chickpeas SP 7 20 seconds.
Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarb soda, and salt and blend SP 4 20 seconds until well combined.
Pour batter into greased ring tin pan or cake tin. Place TM bowl back in the TM and spin SP4 3 sec, scrape out last bit of mixture and add to cake tin. Bake 160C fan-forced oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This cake is wonderfully moist and works with most canned beans. If you use a round tin it will take a few minutes longer to bake.
You can also use oil instead of butter to make it dairy free - but butter is better!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy date scones
- Carrot Cake
- Fail free Muffins
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Frosting
- Banana Date Oatmeal muffins
- Mississippi mudcake
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (Vegan, DF, GF, No refined sugar)