- 125 g Butter, cubed
- 250 g water
- 270 g sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Bi Carb Soda
- 2 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 195 g SR flour
1h 0minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Pre-heat oven to 190C. Grease and line cake tin.
2. Place butter, water, sugar, bi carb soda and cocoa into thermomix bowl, place lid & MC on, 10 minutes/100C/speed 1.5
3. Allow to cool. Then add two eggs and mix 5 sec/speed 4
4. Add flour and mix 10 sec/speed 3. Check batter is all combined, if necessary use spatula to srape down sides of bowl and mix again 3 sec/speed 3
5. Pour cake batter into prepared tin and bake in oven for approximately 40 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in cake tin prior to turning out onto a wire rack to finish cooling. Ice as required once cake has completely cooled.
The cake batter is a very wet batter, no need to add extra flour, this is normal.
Experiment with different sugars. I've found caster sugar will result in a fluffier cake, brown sugar results in a more dense cake.
The cake is also known to stick to the cake tin, I highly recommend greasing & lining the cake tin. I use a silicon cake tin and still grease it and line the bottom.
Goes beautifully with chocolate buttercream icing.
I often double the batter and cook for 70 minutes. When doubled it fits nicely into my 23cm square cake tin.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)