THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 200 grams Frozen Blueberries, fresh berries would also work
- 200 grams banana, aprrox 2 medium bananas
- 4 medjool dates pitted
- 60 grams coconut oil, Odourless e.g. Spiral brand
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs, medium
- 2 teaspoon Baking Poweder, gluten free
- 70 grams Coconut Flour
- 30 grams desicated coconut
- 30 grams chia seeds
I’ve been working on this recipe over the last month and can happily say I’ve finally perfected it. My kids love this bread and I have no qualms about them eating it regularly and in large quantities. It’s not too sweet and the banana flavour doesn’t dominate.
As well as being nut-free, it’s gluten free, dairy free, grain free, sugar free and overall allergy friendly. It’s packed with good stuff and it’s quick and simple and has absolutely no nasties in it.
Makes 1 standard loaf or 12 large muffins.
If portioning into muffins, cook time is 20-25mins at the same temp.
Also suitable for freezing.
Preheat oven to 150 C (fan forced) – a little higher if no fan. Oil loaf tin and line with baking paper.
Step 1. Place blueberries, banana, dates, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs and baking powder into thermomix and blitz for 30 seconds on Speed 9 (NB. Because of frozen berries, come up to speed gradually). The mixture will be creamy and a lovely purple colour.
Step 2. Add the coconut flour, desiccated coconut and chia seeds and mix for 10 seconds on Speed 6 – check mixture has thoroughly combined. Repeat if necessary. Note: this is a very wet batter. Don’t feel tempted to add more flour – this will result in a very dry bread.
Step 3. Allow batter to rest for 10 minutes. This will allow the chia to swell.
Step 4. Pour batter into tin and bake in centre of oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into loaf comes out clean. If over browning, cover with foil
Allow to cool before removing from tin. Enjoy!
Gluten free, nut-free, dairy free, paleo
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Blackberry Muffins
- Chocolate Protein Brownie slice (g/f & dairy free)
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Gut Healthy Chia Pudding
- Healthy Banana & Oat Protein Pancakes
- Gluten Free Banana Bread
- Hidden Goodness Açai Smoothie
- Fudgy Chocolate, Beetroot and Banana Cupcakes
- Banana & Hazelnut Icecream
- Peanut Butter Curry soup
- Healthy Banana Pancakes - VEGAN
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Chia Banana and Goji Porridge