- 240 g Milk
- 80 g lukewarm water
- 60 g Butter - melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Yeast, dry
- 460 g plain flour
- 50 g white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt, fine
- 40 g Butter (use this for glazing tops after second rise just before baking in oven )
- 240 g white sugar
- 5 g vanilla extract
- 55 g Water, lukewarm
1. Add milk & water to bowl. Heat 80 degrees, 2 mins 15 sec, sp 4.
2. Add melted butter and vanilla extract to bowl. Mix 15 sec, sp 2.
3. Add in this order - yeast, flour, sugar & salt to bowl. Mix 20 sec, sp 4
4. Knead mixture for 6 mins,lock lid, knead button
5. Lightly oil large bowl and place dough into it.This is a STICKY dough!. Cover bowl tightly with cling wrap and set to rise in a dry place until doubled (approx 1 1/2 - 2 hours)
6. Once risen, turn out onto pre floured TM Mat
7. Roll out to approx 1/2" thickness
8. Use round cutter (approx 3"), cut out donut circles. Remember to dust cutter with flour so it doesnt stick! Then cut middle donut hole using piping nozzle (if making stuffed donuts don't cut middle hole)
9. Place each donut on baking paper covered tray. Once tray is full cover with cling wrap, set aside and allow to rise for 20-30 mins
10. Heat oven to 180 C fan forced oven
11. Remove cling wrap and brush TOPS of donuts with melted butter (not the sides!). Sprinkle tray with 2 Tblsp water
12. Bake for 13 mins. set timer you dont want to over bake or they will become dry
13. While these are baking clean out TM bowl and dry completely.
14. Add white sugar to bowl. Mill 20 sec, sp9
15. Add vanilla extract and water to bowl. Mix 20 sec, sp3
16. Take donut STRAIGHT out of oven and roll in glaze until covered, one by one. Allow excess glaze to dripp off donut, place on wire cooling rack to dry. Once glaze is set you can repeat again if desired for a sweet and crusty glaze
1. Fill piping bag/tip with Nutella
2. Poke hole in bottom of donut with small knife
3. Fill donuts with nutella by gently squeezing piping bag till fill
4. Turn over and Pipe a small swirl of nutella on top of donut
TO GLAZE DONUTS
This made 12 normal sized doughnuts and I had 10 small ones too as I kept 2 whole to make stuffed ones
you can use vanilla extract, essence or paste..it won't affect your dough
Original Recipe by Gemma Stafford and her video link can be found here - //www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qp9Iyvykm0&feature=youtu.be
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Healthy Banana and Chocolate Bread