THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 4 Fresh pitted dates (or 10 dried)
- 400 g ripe banana flesh
- 6 free range organic eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1 teasp vanilla bean paste)
- 60 g oil - coconut, light olive, or macadamia (if not needing to be nut free)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons GF baking powder
- 70 g Coconut Flour
- 20 g chia seeds
Preheat your oven to 150 C. (fan forced) 170 C ( no fan)
Grease and line a loaf tin, lining base and sides with baking paper
If using dried dates, place in mixing bowl and mix sp 8 until chopped (approx 5 secs)
Place dates, banana, eggs, vanilla, oil, cinnamon and baking powder to bowl, and mix on speed 6 until well combined (approx 20secs)
Add coconut flour and chia seeds, and mix on sp 3-4 until just combined.
Allow mix to stand in mixing bowl for 10-15mins to allow the chia and coconut flour to absorb moisture and expand.
Use spatula to scoop into loaf tin, and bake for 50-55mins (until skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean).
Allow to cool before turning it out.
This recipe is from Teresa Cutter's "The Healthy Chef" - www.thehealthychef.com
She has some amazing recipes! This is the most moist, delicious, easy and healthy banana bread, it has become my kids' favourite lunchbox treat.
Accessories you need
This recipe calls for about 4 large very ripe bananas. I often don't have this many left over, so I have replaced the remainder with greek or vanilla (full fat) yogurt with no problems. Obviously this would then negate the "dairy free" statement lol.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 20sec scones
- Strawberry Balls
- Madeira Cake
- Egg, Nut & Dairy Free Cupcakes! School Friendly!
- Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry coulis
- Strawberry Choc Cheesecake