- 160 grams unsalted butter, Roughly chopped
- 3 Over-ripe Bananas, Broken into pieces
- 170 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste, (or extract)
- 320 grams plain flour
- 1.5 teaspoons Bi-carb soda
- .5 teaspoon salt
- 200 grams walnuts, (or less if desired, dependant on taste)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Pre - heat oven to 180°C
add Walnuts - Crush for 2 seconds Speed 5
Set aside in small bowl
Add Butter - Melt 3 Mins, 60°C, Speed 2
**add extra time if needed, then set aside in separate bowl
Place 2 of the Bananas and sugar into bowl - mix for 30 seconds, Speed 5
Add reserved Melted butter, eggs and Vanilla - mix for 20 seconds, Speed 4
- Add flour, bi-carb soda and salt - mix for 20 seconds, Speed 3, Scrape down and mix again for 10 seconds, Speed 3.5
- Gently mash last banana with fork before adding, add reserved crushed walnuts - mix for 25 seconds, Speed 3.5
Lightly grease muffin tray before adding mixture
Bake for approximatley 12-15 minutes or until golden brown
leave to cool in tray for 5 mins before transfering them to a wire rack
** Best served fresh and warm from the oven, also nice with a cream cheese frosting. This is not an overly sweet muffin and sugar may be substituted with rice malt syrup or similar.
Walnuts can be substituted with Pacans or other prefered nuts
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)