- 245 grams raw sugar
- 185 grams Butter, In cubes
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 340 grams SR flour
- 185 grams Milk
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Set oven to 180 degrees.
Place sugar in TM bowl and mill for 5 sec speed 10.
- Add butter and if it is straight out of the fridge chop for 5 sec spd 7.
- Scrape down sides and insert butterfly add mix for 30 sec speed 4.
- Add vanilla extract and mix for another 30 sec speed 4 and while doing this add both eggs in through the top while the mixture is mixing.
- Remove butterfly and then add in milk and flour mix for another 15 sec speed 5 scrape down sides and then mix another 15 sec speed 5.
Pour into standard cake tin or patty pans (makes about 20).
I fill them to about 2/3 full they rise quite a bit.
Bake at 180 degrees.
Add ramekin of water to help prevent cake cracking
Cup cakes take between 10 - 15mins
Cakes about 20 - 25mins
(test with metal skewer - it should come out clean when cooked)
To make pouring the mixture out a little easier you can heat the mixture to 50 degrees in TM bowl as soon as it hits temperature remove and pour.
You don't have to use the butterfly I just included it because I thought it would help with creaming the butter and sugar but it is not essential.
This cake recipe is always a winner.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.