- 190 g castor sugar, pre-milled from raw
- 290 g Cooked Beetroot
- 65 g coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 290 g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- maple syrup to taste
preheat oven to 175 degrees fanforced.
pre-weigh or mill sugar if necessary 10 sec / speed 9. set aside.
add beetroot to bowl and puree 10 sec / speed 9. scrape down and
puree 20 sec / speed 9 until a chunky puree, repeat if necessary.
add oil and eggs and mix 30 sec / speed 6-7
turn to speed 4 and gradually add sugar, flour (2 MC's) and
baking powder through MC hole - taking around 1 minute.
add maple syrup to taste and mix 10 sec / speed 4 to combine.
add approx 1 dessert spoon per patty case (makes 24 cupcakes)
and bake approx 20 min until cooked through.
I made these to use up my boiled beetroots after making food colouring. They are a bit like a carrot cake and could be tweaked to include tinned pinapple, spice or alternate sweetners.
They go well with a cream cheese frosting - mix 50g butter, 100g cream cheese & 1 teaspoon natural food colouring 10 sec / speed 4. scrape & repeat. Add 150g icing sugar & mix speed 5 until smooth.
I've had mixed reviews on these so if youre game I'll let you decide.. I just love the colour and think they are perfect for a kids party if you are trying to avoid additives.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake
- GF Apple Sauce muffins
- sweet Strawberry and balsamic dip
- Pumpkin Maple Scones
- Maple Butter
- Camembert crackers
- Salad Soup (served cold)
- Healthy Chia and Coconut crepes
- Simple Christmas fruit Cakes/Muffins
- Warm Salmon Salad (nicoise style)
- Light & creamy Chicken alfredo pasta
- Low fat, creamy Pumpkin & coconut soup
- Hash Browns