- 1 package Tennis Biscuits (South African)
- 80 grams unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 can Condensed Milk (1 Tin)
- 900 grams full cream milk
- 1 egg
- 2 heaped tablespoons custard powder
- 2 heaped tablespoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence+1 vanilla bean OR 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean paste
- Ground Cinnamon Powder, For dusting
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the butter to the and melt for 2 mins at 50C Speed 2 with MC in place.
Add whole packet of biscuits to the melted butter and crush for 10-15 seconds Speed 9 with MC in place.
Flatten crushed biscuits into a greased pie dish and set aside.
Add the rest of the ingredients, except the cinnamon, into a clean
Cook for 10-12 mins at 90C Speed 4 with Basket instead of MC on top.
Once the filling has cooked into a custardy consistency, pour straight onto the biscuit base.
Immediately sprinkle with cinnamon and allow to cool before refrigerating.
You can use Marie biscuits or Butternut snap biscuits instead of Tennis biscuits
When the filling is cooking you can actually hear the difference in the liquid once it thickens. You can turn it off and pour onto the biscuit base.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lime self saucing pudding
- Lemon [or] Orange Cake
- Custard Cake
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Soft cookies with Okara (low GI)
- Banana oat cookies (dairy free, egg free, nut free)
- Viennese whirls
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Lemon Detox Bliss Balls
- Choc Beetroot Bliss Balls - Nut free
- Coconut Fingers
- Buttermilk Pancakes