- 375 grams unsalted butter
- 650 grams raw sugar
- 375 grams dark chocolate
- 450 grams flour, self-raising
- 5 eggs
- 1.5 level tsp instant granulated coffee
- 100 grams cocoa powder, 70% cocoa
- 550 grams hot water
- 375 grams dark chocolate
- 300 grams thickened cream
1h 50minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add sugar, 4 seconds, speed 10. Add butter, chocolate, water, coffee and sugar melt at 5 min, 60 degrees speed 3 or until melted, then cool.
2. Add flour and cocoa, mix 20 sec speed 4
add eggs and mix 20 sec speed 4 until combined
3. Line 25 cm tin with foil on base (sunny side down), then baking paper on base and sides. Fill tin 3/4 full, may be some mixture to make into cupcakes. Can halve the mixture into two seperate cakes to later stack. Makes a huge batch.
4. Bake 180 degrees Celsius for about an hour and a half for large cake, approx 20 min for cupcakes or until cooked. I rotate my cakes every 20 min to ensure even cooking.
5. Leave in tin for 20min to cool slightly before turning onto a rack to cool completely before icing.
1. Grate chocolate 6sec speed 8, scrape sides down.
2. Add cream and melt 3min 60 degrees speed 2 or until completely combined. Can scrape sides down halfway through if needed.
3. Cool to room temperature before spreading over cake.
4. Butterfly can be inserted if wanting a mousse consistency for ganache. Beat speed 4 watching throughhole for desired consistency. Be careful not to over beat.
Be careful not to exceed max fill line, especially if using TM31. May need to be reduced or done in two batches .
Some of the water can be substituted for Baileys or Kahlua. It’s amazing!
Serve at room temperature.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- White chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice