- 90 grams pecans
- 200 gram chocolate chips, (See tips)
- 280 gram unsalted butter, Diced
- 250 gram light brown sugar
- 1 level teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- .25 tsp fine sea salt
- 280 gram plain flour
- 245 gram oats, quick
- 120 gram unsalted butter, Diced
- 150 gram Dark Brown Sugar
- 120 gram glucose syrup
- .25 tsp cream of tartar
- 220 gram sweetened condensed milk
- 1 level teaspoons vanilla extract
- sea salt flakes, For sprinkling (optional)
1h 15minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tin (23x33cm).
2. Place 90g pecans in mixing bowl and chop 3 secs/sp4. Transfer to a bowl and then place this bowl on top of mixing bowl and weigh in 200g chocolate chips. Set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
3. Place 280g butter, 250g light brown sugar, 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda, .25 (quarter) tsp fine sea salt into mixing bowl and melt 3 mins/60°C/sp2 until melted and combined.
4. Add 280g plain flour, 245g oats and mix 1 min 20 sec/"Counter-clockwise operation" /sp3 until well-combined.
5. Pour half mixture (520g) into prepared tin, evenly spread, then press down using the back of a metal spoon/damp hands. Bake 180°C for 10 mins. (Once baked, remove from oven, place tin on a wire rack and leave to cool). Place remaining mixture into a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl. Continue with caramel sauce.
- 6. Place 120g butter, 150g dark brown sugar, 120g glucose syrup, .25 (quarter) tsp cream of tartar into mixing bowl and cook 10 mins/120°C/sp3, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
7. Add 220g sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and cook 15 mins/120°C/sp3, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
8. Sprinkle nuts and choc chips over cooled base.
9. Pour caramel mixture into tin then sprinkle with sea salt flakes, if using, to taste. Crumble remaining oat mixture over the caramel. Do not press down. Bake 180°C for 15 mins.
10. Leave to cool in tin on wire rack before slicing and serving (see tips) or refrigerate in an airtight container for more firm Caramelitas.
Accessories you need
Chocloate chips - I use Dark chocolate but Milk chocolate could be used, depending on preference. Chopped chocolate could also be used in place of chocolate chips.
Serves 20 if sliced into larger portions. For higher yield, slice into smaller chunks!
After step 9, to ‘clean’ the mixing bowl and make a warm caramel drink, place 200ml milk in mixing bowl, heat 6 min/80°C/sp 1. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Toasted Granola
- Tokyo Olympic Matcha Tea Pavlova
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Doughnut Bundt
- Shortbread Squares - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Egg Free Brioche
- Roti Boy
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free