- 215 grams raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 grams Butter
- 65 grams orange juice, Freshly squeezed
- 65 grams cream
- Zest of 1 orange, Grated
- 150 grams Whole meal self raising flour
- 90 grams Desiccated Coconut
- 10 grams caraway seeds, Approx 1 tablespoon
- 30 grams sultanas, Approx 1 tablespoon
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place sugar, eggs, butter, orange juice, cream, and rind into TM. Mix 30 seconds Speed 5. Scrape down sides.
Add in flour, coconut, seeds and sultanas. Mix 20 seconds, speed 3 .
Pour into greased and lined cake tin.
Bake in moderate oven for 40-45 minutes until skewer comes out clean.
Cool in tin for 5 minutes then turn out onto wire rack.
Caraway Seed Cake
This cake is delicious. It will be slightly crunchy on the outside and lovely and moist on the inside. Feel free to add more sultanas as they make juicy pops in the cake.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Reduced Sugar Banana Muffins
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 20sec scones
- Strawberry Balls
- Madeira Cake
- Egg, Nut & Dairy Free Cupcakes! School Friendly!
- Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry coulis