- 40 g sultanas, (1/2 cup)
- 75 g carrot
- 75 g zucchini
- 100 g Butter
- 120 g Rice malt syrup, (1/3 cup | See tips for alternative sweeteners)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 110 g rolled oats
- 255 g self-raising flour, (wholemeal flour)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, (mixed spice)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
Boil jug and soak sultanas in hot water for around 10 minutes. (This makes them nice and plump).
- Cream butter and rice malt syrup for 10 seconds/speed 5, scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat again if needed.
- Add in the vanilla essence and egg, beat 5 seconds/speed 4.
- Stir in the carrot, zucchini and drained sultanas with a spatula or mix on reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" 5 seconds/speed 2.
(Do not drain any liquid from the carrot and zucchini).
- Place in self raising flour, rolled oats and cinnamon for a final mix on reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" 5-10 seconds/speed 3. Scrape sides and repeat if necessary.
- Scoop tablespoon sized balls (blobs) onto your prepared baking sheet, slightly flatten (if needed) and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden in colour.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking tray for a minute to cool (If you have the time) then transfer to a cooling rack.
Cool completely before storing them in an air tight container or pop into a glad bag and freeze.
Accessories you need
These cookies are low in fructose (sugar) and can be adjusted easily to your personal taste. Simply combine or replace 1/3 cup of rice malt syrup with;
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener
- 2 tbsp rice malt + 2 tbsp brown sugar or sweetener.
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup + 1/3 cup dark semi sweet chocolate chips.
- 4 stevia/sugarine tablets, dissolved in 1/2 tsp of boiled water
(The dark chocolate chips were the most popular combination).
*Keep in mind these cookies will be soft and taste sweeter when completely cooled.*
I have not tested the recipe with golden, agave, maple syrup or honey.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin & Cranberry Cookies (Sugar free)
- Peanut butter & Chickpea Blondies
- Lemon Drop Cookies (sugar free | egg yolk cookies)
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (sugar free)
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (sugar free)
- Apple & Sultana Cookies (sugar free)
- Maple Bacon Scrolls
- Choc Chip Cookie balls
- Peach & Coconut milk rice pudding (Baby Food)