- 80 g white sugar
- 60 g blanched almonds
- 30 g plain flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- flaked almonds, toasted, to garnish
- icing sugar, to dust
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Place white sugar into mixing bowl and mill 3-4 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
Place blanched almonds and 30 g of the reserved sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8.
Add plain flour and mix 5 sec/speed 5. Set aside. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
Insert butterfly whisk. Add egg whites and with measuring cup removed, whisk 2 min/37°C/speed 3.5.
With butterfly whisk rotating 2-3 min/37°C/speed 3, slowly add remaining sugar through hole in mixing bowl lid one spoon at a time, until soft peaks form and the meringue is glossy.
Add vanilla and reserved almond mix back into mixing bowl and incorporate 4 sec/speed 2. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and repeat mixing 4 sec/speed 2.
Place ½ teaspoons of mix onto prepared baking trays and top with a few flaked almonds (you should be able to make around 36 bites). Bake 9-10 minutes (180°C) or until just browned around the edges. Remove from oven, dust with icing sugar while still warm and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Chewy almond bites
Other users also liked...
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Grain free chocolate mud cake cupcakes
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Protein Bars
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Biscuits
- Dee's Magnificent Shortbread
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen