- 80 g white sugar
- 60 g blanched almonds
- 30 g plain flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- flaked almonds, toasted, to garnish
- icing sugar, to dust
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Place white sugar into mixing bowl and mill 3-4 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
Place blanched almonds and 30 g of the reserved sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8.
Add plain flour and mix 5 sec/speed 5. Set aside. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
Insert butterfly whisk. Add egg whites and with measuring cup removed, whisk 2 min/37°C/speed 3.5.
With butterfly whisk rotating 2-3 min/37°C/speed 3, slowly add remaining sugar through hole in mixing bowl lid one spoon at a time, until soft peaks form and the meringue is glossy.
Add vanilla and reserved almond mix back into mixing bowl and incorporate 4 sec/speed 2. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and repeat mixing 4 sec/speed 2.
Place ½ teaspoons of mix onto prepared baking trays and top with a few flaked almonds (you should be able to make around 36 bites). Bake 9-10 minutes (180°C) or until just browned around the edges. Remove from oven, dust with icing sugar while still warm and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Chewy almond bites
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- White Chocolate Berry Friands
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free
- Cacao Chocolate Not Cross Buns
- Coconut pie
- Nan's Banana Cake
- Mini Weetbix & Date loaf Cakes
- Zucchini chocolate muffins
- Healthier Chocolate, Beetroot and Banana Brownies
- Healthy Lunchbox Fruit and Oat Slice
- Raspberry Ricotta Muffins
- Raspberry Cake with Mascarpone Cream
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge