- 80 g white sugar
- 60 g blanched almonds
- 30 g plain flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- flaked almonds, toasted, to garnish
- icing sugar, to dust
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Place white sugar into mixing bowl and mill 3-4 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
Place blanched almonds and 30 g of the reserved sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8.
Add plain flour and mix 5 sec/speed 5. Set aside. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
Insert butterfly whisk. Add egg whites and with measuring cup removed, whisk 2 min/37°C/speed 3.5.
With butterfly whisk rotating 2-3 min/37°C/speed 3, slowly add remaining sugar through hole in mixing bowl lid one spoon at a time, until soft peaks form and the meringue is glossy.
Add vanilla and reserved almond mix back into mixing bowl and incorporate 4 sec/speed 2. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and repeat mixing 4 sec/speed 2.
Place ½ teaspoons of mix onto prepared baking trays and top with a few flaked almonds (you should be able to make around 36 bites). Bake 9-10 minutes (180°C) or until just browned around the edges. Remove from oven, dust with icing sugar while still warm and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Chewy almond bites
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free Apple and Berry Muffins
- Lime self saucing pudding
- Lemon [or] Orange Cake
- Custard Cake
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Soft cookies with Okara (low GI)
- Banana oat cookies (dairy free, egg free, nut free)
- Viennese whirls
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Lemon Detox Bliss Balls
- Choc Beetroot Bliss Balls - Nut free
- Coconut Fingers
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles