- 80 g white sugar
- 60 g blanched almonds
- 30 g plain flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- flaked almonds, toasted, to garnish
- icing sugar, to dust
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Place white sugar into mixing bowl and mill 3-4 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
Place blanched almonds and 30 g of the reserved sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8.
Add plain flour and mix 5 sec/speed 5. Set aside. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
Insert butterfly whisk. Add egg whites and with measuring cup removed, whisk 2 min/37°C/speed 3.5.
With butterfly whisk rotating 2-3 min/37°C/speed 3, slowly add remaining sugar through hole in mixing bowl lid one spoon at a time, until soft peaks form and the meringue is glossy.
Add vanilla and reserved almond mix back into mixing bowl and incorporate 4 sec/speed 2. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and repeat mixing 4 sec/speed 2.
Place ½ teaspoons of mix onto prepared baking trays and top with a few flaked almonds (you should be able to make around 36 bites). Bake 9-10 minutes (180°C) or until just browned around the edges. Remove from oven, dust with icing sugar while still warm and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Chewy almond bites
Other users also liked...
- Cinnamon Walnut Cake
- Sacher torte
- Banana Choc Chip Muffins
- Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- Just a Minute, Baby Cakes
- Choc Chip Chunkies
- More Again - Paleo Banana Muffin
- Date & Weetbix Muffins
- Zucchini-Almond-Chocolate Slice
- Jubilee loaf ( served spread with butter)
- Blueberry yogurt muffins
- Peanut Drops
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge
- Fresh tomato tart
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- Mint lemonade