THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 130 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 120 grams self-raising flour
- 60 grams coconut, desiccated, (I used shredded and blended it prior at speed 9 for 6 secs)
- 100 grams Dark Brown Sugar, or plain brown sugar, also use less if you want.
- 280 grams milk powder, (full fat)
- 200 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 40 grams golden syrup
- 100 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 180 grams hot water, (boiling water straight from the kettle)
- 10 grams vanilla extract, or paste
- 100 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 120 grams golden syrup
- 250 grams baking chocolate, dark or milk is fine, I used half of each.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, you can also vegetable or grapeseed oil.
Recipe is created for
- Grease and line a slice pan with baking paper, (my pan was 21cm x21cmx 5cm deep), a larger pan will make more slice but will make the slice not as thick. Pre heat you oven to 180c (160c for fan forced).
Weigh in the 130g of butter and set your timer for 3 min > temp 60c > speed 2, (or cook until the butter is melted).
Next- weigh in the 120g SR Flour, 60 Coconut, and 100g Dark brown sugar and mix for 10sec > speed 4. Scrape down the sides and mix again for 10sec > Speed 4.
Next- transfer the base mix to your prepared tin and press down firmly to form an even flat base. Then pop into the oven and bake for 10-15 min or until golden brown, then set aside.
- Weigh in all the ingredients in the order they are written (making sure the water is boiling hot from the kettel, and set your timer for 11 mins > temp 90c > speed 4 with the MC in.
- Once the 11 mins has finished on the Caramel Condensed Milk,
weigh in the aditional 100g of unsalted butter and 120g of golden syrup.
Set your timer for 10 min > 100c > Speed 3 and replace the MC with the simmering basket on top (this is to stop the condensation build up in the bowl).
Next- pour the caramel filling mixture onto the cooled base and bake for 10-15 mins, or until it starts to brown, the top should be spotty with darkish golden bubbles but the caramel should jiggle when you shake the pan. You should then refrigerate until the caramel is set before the chocolate topping is added in the next step.
**Wash and dry your mixing bowl.
- Break up the block of baking Chocoalte into cubes and weigh in 250g and grate it in your clean dry bowl at speed 8 > for 5 secs then scrape down the sides.
Next add the oil and cook it for 2-3 mins > 50c > speed 2 (or until all the chocolate has melted).
Next pour over the top of the caramel and refrigerate until set.
** Tip- I let mine set in the fridge for 5-10 mins before the chocolate sets completely and then mark out the squares with a clean sharpe knife to avoid it cracking if it has gone too hard.
Caramel Condensed Milk
Extra ingredients to add after the Caramel Condensed Milk has cooked to finish the filling.
Accessories you need
For this recipe I coverted the "Salted caramel slice" from cookidoo.com.au as I didn't want to use tins of condensed milk, I also found the base to be a little dry so reduced the coconut and less sugar as there is enough in the rest of the recipe, I used a double batch of the "Caramel Condensed Milk" recipe from TRTLMT website-
to replace the Condesed Milk from the recipe on cookidoo.com.au and made that first before adding the "extra ingredients" to complete the filling.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brioche Hot Cross Buns
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Caramel Coconut Slice
- Butterfly cakes
- Masala chai spiced muffins
- Apple & Cinnamon Breakfast Bite
- Strawberry, Raspberry & White Choc Muffins
- Nan's Choc Chip Biscuits
- Allergy Friendly Jam Drops
- Nana’s (Now Mum’s) Welsh Cakes
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Banana Loaf Cafe Style
- Gooey Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- Passion Mango "Boost Juice style smoothie"
- Low Carb Cheese and bacon Cauliflower muffins
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- "Boozy" Dalgona Coffee Whip
- No Bake Cookie Dough Slice
- Cauliflower and Turmeric flatbread
- Choc Beetroot Mud Cake
- Hundreds and Thousands Biscuits
- Green Apple and Kiwi Fruit Soft serve Ice Cream (Fruity Dream)
- Anzac Cheesecake Slice
- Home Made Philly Cream Cheese