- 60 g pecans
- 125 g Butter, chopped into pieces
- 25 g cocoa
- 125 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180 g Flour (plain)
- 1 tsp Baking Power
- icing sugar, for dusting
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees
Line a slice tray with baking paper
1. Chop the pecans for 2 secs / speed 4; put aside
2. Melt butter 1 1/2 mins / 60 degrees / Speed 3
3. Mix cocoa, sugar, eggs, salt and vanilla, 1 minute / speed 2
4. Mix in flour and baking powder and pecans 1 minute / speed 1
5. Pour into lined tray and bake for 20-25mins
6. Once cool, cut into 16 pieces
7. Dust with icing sugar before serving
Accessories you need
Pecans can be substituted for any other nut, we often use - Macadamia nuts.
For an extra something add some chocolate pieces at step 4.
Using a scone cutter or other similar cutter, use to cut into shapes for an extra wow!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.