- 130 grams white sugar
- 200 grams Whole Almonds (unsalted)
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams dates
- 5-6 egg whites
1h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 170oC
- Place 130g of white sugar in mixing bowl and mill sugar 10 seconds, speed 9. Set aside in a small seperate bowl.
- Without washing the bowl, place 200g Almonds in mixing bowl and mill 3 seconds,speed 8. Set aside in a medium sized bowl.
- Without washing the bowl, place 200g dark chocolate into mixing bowl and chop 10 seconds, speed 10. Set aside with almonds.
- Without washing the bowl, place 200g dates into the mixing bowl and chop 10 seconds, speed 10. Set aside with almonds and chocolate and combine.
- Wash the bowl thoroughly, performing a vinegar wash is possible to ensure a sparkly clean bowl!
- Insert the butterfly whish. Add egg whites and beat for 6 minutes on speed 3.
- Continue to whisk for a further 3 minutes, SLOWLY adding teaspoonfuls of reserved sugar.
- Carefully fold half of the merignue with the almond, chocolate and date mixture by hand.
Very carefully fold through the remaining merignue mixture, ensuring the batter doesn't deflate.
- Bake in preheated oven (170oC) for 1 hour
Accessories you need
This cake continues to improve and is best eaten a few days after it is baked.
This makes this cake ideal to prepare ahead of time for a birthday party or special afternoon tea.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Chocolate Cake
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Banana Bread Donuts