- 50 grams Butter
- 500 grams plain flour
- 20 grams dried instant yeast
- 100 grams white sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoons Nutmeg
- 0.5 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 250 grams full cream milk
- 150 grams chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons plain flour
- 5 tablespoons water
- white sugar, 1/4 cup
- Boiling water, 1/4 cup
- Cut butter into smaller pieces and add to mixing bowl, melt, 3 minutes/50 degrees/speed 2. MC inserted.
- Place all remaining dough ingredients into mixing bowl and combine, 15 seconds, speed 3, MC inserted.
- Knead 5 minutes, kneading function "Dough mode" . MC inserted.
- Place dough into an oiled bowl (dough will be sticky), cover with gladwrap and set aside in a warm place to rise for 1.5 hours.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Once risen, roll dough into balls (roughly the size of golf balls) and place onto the prepared baking tray leaving a small gap between each ball.
- In a small jug, mix together the flour and water for the crosses and place mixture into a piping bag with a round nozzle.
- Pipe the crosses onto the buns, then leave to rise for another 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 180 degress (fan forced).
- Place buns into the oven and bake for 25 minutes (or until golden and cooked through).
- Prepare the glaze while the buns are cooking by mixing the sugar and boiling water together in a jug.
- Once buns have been removed from the oven brush the glaze over them straight away.
- Enjoy with butter!
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.