- 120 g Butter
- 80 g brown sugar, Or more if you like it sweeter
- 50 g golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 330 g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 70% cocoa
- 1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Place golden syrup, sugar, butter & cinnamon into mixing bowl and mix 5 min/50C/speed 2
3. Add egg and mix 3 sec/speed 3
4. Add cocoa, flour & bicarb and mix 10secs/speed 5 until combined.
5. Knead 2 mins/"Closed lid" /"Dough mode"
6. Press dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 30 mins to rest (I don’t always do this and it works well still)
7. Place dough on floured counter or sheet of baking paper and roll out until about 4mm thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Place on trays lined with baking paper.
8. Bake for 8-10 mins. Enjoy 😊
Easy to change to Gluten Free by substituting flour for GF flour.
Sugar level has been reduced to make biscuits healthier but can be increased if more sweetness is required.
Grandkids loved making these and then eating them 😊
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.