- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 120 g coverture chocolate, broken into pieces (see Tips)
- 320 g hazelnuts, roasted
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 90 g Self Raising Flour
- 300 g sour cream
- 300 g fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed (see Tips)
- icing sugar, for dusting
55minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking 45min
8Recipe is created for
Pre heat oven to 160ºC. Grease and flour a 25cm ring.
Heat mixing bowl for 30 sec/50ºC/speed 1.
Insert Butterfly. Place egg whites and cream of tartar into mixing bowl and without measuring cup, whip 6 min/50°C/speed 3, until peaks form. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Remove butterfly. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place chocolate and nuts into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 8. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Place butter, sugar and vanilla into mixing bowl and mix 1 min/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
Mix 1 min/speed 4, adding egg yolks one at a time through hole in mixing bowl lid.
Add flour, sour cream and reserved chocolate and nut mixture and mix 30 sec/speed 6.
Add reserved egg whites and blend 20-30 sec/speed 6.
Transfer into prepared ring and bake (160°C) for 45-50 minutes then leave to cool completely in tin. Turn out of tin by placing plate on top and flipping over. It should come out easily. If you cannot get it out, allow it to sit on the plate until it comes out by itself.
Fill centre with berries and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Coverture chocolate can be substituted with 120 g of 70% cocoa dark chocolate.
Raspberries can be substituted with strawberries.
Other users also liked...
- My almost Paleo Choc Pear Cupcakes
- Variation Fruit and Almond Tart
- Wholefood Orange Quinoa Muesli slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Slice
- PECAN PIE
- Small bake Nutella muffins
- Chocolate Bean Cake with Coconut Butter Cream
- Ginger Loaf
- Vita Brit Slice
- Judith's Hedgehog Slice
- Banana, Coconut & Walnut Loaf With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Almond Bread
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl
- Spicy cauliflower soup
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup
- Lemon curd - Louise Keats
- Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango
- Louise Keats Lemon tart