- 500g caster sugar
- 226g Butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1.5tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 237g hot water
- 240g buttermilk, room temperature
- 100g cocoa powder
- 390g plain flour
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Before starting, preheat your oven to 180 degrees.Take 3 or 4 medium sized round tines and line with baking paper and spray. Or wipe down the sides with a litle butter if you line the bottom only.
- Have your eggs ready and add 1 egg into your bowl. Place the lid on with no measuring cup and set the Thermo for 1 minute at speed 4. Add in 3 other eggs one at a time through the hole.
*I usually place a mixing bowl on top of my Thermo and weigh the 3 ingredients (cocoa first so it doesn't puff everywheer as much) into the bowl before whisking all together.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8.
- If making a 3 tiered cake, weigh 630g into each tin of the cake mix for even layers.
- Pop your cakes into the preheated oven and bake for 32-35 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Leave the cakes to cool for 10 minutes before running a knife around the edge of each tin. This will make it easier to remove the cakes from the pan once completely cooled.
Chelsweets Chocolate Layer Cake
Accessories you need
If you would like to watch this process, go and check out my Instagram Choc Caramel highlight @leeshford.thermo.
Alternatively, if you don't want layer cake you could easily make 1 or 2 cakes and divvy the rest of this cake mix up into cupcakes ☺️
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Pecan biscuits
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Plum and Zucchini Relish
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce