- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 250 grams Butter
- 500 grams raw sugar
- 2 cups --- water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon Coffee
- 1/3 cup Rum
- 335 grams Self Raising Flour
- 40 grams cocoa
- 3 eggs
8Recipe is created for
1. Place dark chocolate, butter, raw sugar, vanilla essence, coffee, rum and water into TM bowl, set temperature to 50oC/ speed 2 for 2 minutes or until chocolate has melted.
2. Add self raising flour, cocoa, eggs. Blend on speed 4 for 2 minutes
3. Pour mixture into a paper lined square 8" (20cm) tin.
4. Bake at 130oC for 1 1/2 hours or until skewer inserted in centre of cake comes out clean.
5. Allow cake to cool, meanwhile prepare chocolate ganache as per EDC pg49 and spread over the top of the cake, enjoy.
For 1 qty- 8" square
Why not try making your own baking powder. Then simply add 15g of baking powder to your 320g of plain flour to make self raising flour.
In this birthday cake, I have cut the cake in half and used half of the ganache recipe to decorate and sprinkled with coco nibs
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.