- 1 teaspoon mixed spice, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 60 grams Californian Walnuts, chopped
- 125 grams SR flour
- 155 grams brown sugar
- 70 grams Butter, Chopped
Pre Heat oven to 180 C. Line a 23x23 square tin with baking paper.
Place SR Flour, Brown Sugar and Butter into the thermomix. Speed 8, 10 Seconds; or until the mixture looks like dry breadcrumbs.
Take 1 cup of the mixture and place it into the lined tin, evening it out then firmly packing it with your spatula.
Add spices and baking powder to the leftover mixture, and combine well.
In a seperate bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.
With your spatula, combine the egg mixture with the dry mixture. DO NOT OVERMIX. It should have look a bit like gravel and mud.
Pour the wet mixture into the tin, and even it out. Spread the walnuts on top.
Bake for 20-25 or until skewer comes out dry.
Accessories you need
Depending on your oven it could take up to 30 mins to cook through.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Carrot Cake
- Fail free Muffins
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Frosting
- Banana Date Oatmeal muffins
- Mississippi mudcake
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (Vegan, DF, GF, No refined sugar)
- Gluten Free, Dark Chocolate, Orange Mud Cake with cream cheese & cacao icing (Varoma)