- 4 Egg Whites.
- 8 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 level teaspoon vanilla
- 2 heaped teaspoons cornflour
- 2 level teaspoons white vinegar
- 4 level tablespoons Hot Water ( from tap)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 190 C Fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. Place 8 Rounded tablespoons of white sugar approx 220 gms into mixing bowl and mill 15sec/speed 9. Transfer icing sugar into a bowl and set aside.
3. Throughly clean and place a vinegar wash through the mixing bowl, dry bowl.
4. Insert butterfly whisk. Place these ingredients into the mixing bowl in the following order, egg whites, sugar, vanilla, cornflour and vinegar into mixing bowl 4 min/37 C/speed 3.5.
5. Scrape down sides of bowl and add the 4 tablespoons of Hot tap water. 6 min/37 C/speed 3.5.
6. Gently transfer mix onto prepared baking tray and form into a high circle.
7. Place tray into oven and reduce the oven temperature to 110 C and bake for 2 hours. Turn oven off, leaving meringue in the oven to cool (approx. 3 hours or overnight).
8. Once completely cooled top with whipped cream and your favourite fruits.
To make a larger Meringue add 2 extra egg whites, 4 extra rounded tablespoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of cornflour and white vinegar, at step 5 add an extra 2 tablespoons of hot water.
Or you can double the recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.