- 50 grams walnut pieces
- 225 grams caster sugar
- 225 grams Butter
- 200 grams plain flour
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 tablespoon espresso coffee granules, dissolved in 1 TBLSPN hot water.
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons Milk
- 350 grams icing sugar
- 175 grams Butter
- 2.5 teaspoons espresso powder, dissolved in 1 TBLSPN boiling water.
- Walnut halves to decorate
Preheat oven to 180C, and grease and line 2 sandwhich tins, or 1 x 20cm springform tin.
1. Place walnuts and sugar into the .
2. Blitz sp 6/15 seconds, or until the nuts are crushed to your preference.
3. Add remaining ingredients and blend sp4.5 / 30 second, until smooth. Scrape and repeat if required adding extra milk if needed. You are after a "soft drop" consistency.
4. Divide the mixture between the 2 tins and bake for 25 minutes, or larger springform for 40 minutes, or until cooked when tested.
5. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, split the larger springform cake (if using) into 3 even layers.
1. Place all ingredients (except the walnut halves) into the .
2. Blend sp 4.5 / 30 seconds, scraping when neccessary.
1. Divide the buttercream evenly between the cake layers and over the top of the cake.
2. Decorate with the walnut halves.
Once you have made this cake you will be hooked..it is sooo good..
And it's not as hard to make as it looks.
Based on a recipe by Nigella and converted to TMX application.
Join my FaceBook group "Thermify me...!" for more recipes, tips and ideas.
Follow me on FaceBook at "Thermify me breadwinners" for bread rolls and yeast based recipes.
And check out my new ebook on breadmaking
Also available in soft cover..$19.50 inc post AU wide.
Email me at Thermifyme.com for further information.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ginger crunch
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Swiss Roll Sponge
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Jaffa Truffles
- Apricot Bites
- Shortcrust Pastry
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Hobnob Biscuits - a British favourite by Jayne
- Chocolate Chews (Weetbix Slice)
- Forcer Biscuits
- Blueberry and Banana Cake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Viennese whirls
- Kingston biscuits
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Chocolate coconut cake
- Dotty’s Apple Sponge with GF options
- Dotty’s Ginger biscuits
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- Walnut choc-chip cookies
- Mocha brownies with a Coffee glaze