- 175 grams Butter
- 125 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence or Paste
- 475 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 40 grams currants
- 200 grams white sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- pink food colouring
1h 15minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees
2. Line two trays with baking paper
3. Add butter to and melt for 4 mins/ 60C/Spd 2
4. Add brown sugar and mix 2mins/Spd 4
5. Add eggs and vanilla and mix 30 secs/ Spd 4
6. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, mixed spice and nutmeg and mix 1 min/ Spd 3
7. Add currants and stir thru with spatula.
8. Tip out onto Thermomat or bench and form into a ball, wrap in mat or cling wrap and place in fridge for 30 mins.
9. Roll out between two sheets of baking paper and cut into 6cm rounds about 3mm thick.
10. Using whisk or skewer make swirl shape on top of each biscuit.
11. Place in trays and bake for approx 15mins.
12. Top with Royal Icing found in BCB.
I haven't included recipe for Royal Icing but it can be found on the chip for Basic Cookbook
For a shinier look, glaze with an egg wash (1 egg and dash of milk) before baking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Courgette Flan
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Mandy's Chai Latte mix
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Ooba Carrot Cake
- Variation "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake