- 300 g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 220 g brown sugar
- 125 g Butter, chopped
- 60 g Boiling water
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup, (~40g)
Recipe is created for
9Afternoon tea Brunch Lunch Snack Supper Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Ramadan Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Baking BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Gift Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Biscuit/cookie Easy Low budget Quick Dessert Side dish European
- Preheat oven to 170-180 degrees C and line 3 baking trays with paper
- Place flour, bicarbonate of soda, ground ginger and mixed spice in TM bowl, and mix 5 seconds speed 5
- Add in brown sugar and mix another 5 seconds speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl
- Add chopped butter into bowl and crumb into mixture by mixing on turbo for 1 second bursts three times
- With measuring cup in place in the lid of the bowl, measure boiling water into cup and add golden syrup to the water - this should take the liquid almost to the top of the mixing cup. Give a small stir to combine slightly.
- Keep lid closed and set to knead for 2 minutes. Pour measuring cup contents into the bowl with the blades moving. The resulting dough is quite soft - that is normal
- Roll ~2 tspns of mixture into balls and place on baking tray leaving at least 5 cm between each biscuit for spreading. I usually place no more than 12 on a single tray as they always spread more than you expect. Press each ball down slightly to flatten
- Bake 15 minutes, swapping trays around halfway through cooking. Cool for 10 minutes on trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Firm up a lot more on cooling completely
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Banana and Nutella Bread
- Paleo No Bake Peanut Butter Slice
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life