- 1 cup (140 g Fresh Dates, [I used normal dried dates Macro Wholefoods brand]
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) brewed earl g rey tea [I brew in the TM, see below] 2 apples, peeled and cut into rough chunks [I quarter, then cut each piece into 3 or 4. Also I have used 2 pears or 1 apple and 1 pear]
- 1 1/4 cups (185 g ) self raising flour
- 3/4 cup (135 g brown sugar
- 150 g Butter, melted [I melt in the microwave, but it's probably OK to melt in the TM before doing other steps]
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinammon [this is my addition, not in the original recipe - optional]
- 4 eggs, [I use 3 large - 65 g - but use if you have smaller , i.e. 55 grams]
8Recipe is created for
* Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees (fan forced), 170 degrees (non-fan forced). Grease one large loaf tin or two small loaf tins (I use two small ones - base measures 8cm x 17cm) and line with baking paper.
* Place 180ml boiling water into the TM. Add 1 Earl Grey tea bag and let steep for about 5-10 minutes.
* Take out tea bag and disgard.
* Add the bicarb of soda and dates. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
* Add chopped apple.
* Attach lid and blitz on Speed 4 or 5 for about 5 seconds. (Depends on how finely you want your dates and fruit chopped. You may want to scrape down and blitz for another 2 or 3 seconds.)
* Add all other ingredients, doesn't really matter which order.
* Mix on Speed 4 for about 25 seconds. You may need to scrape down and mix for another 5 seconds.
* Pour mixture into your tin or tins and bake for 1 hour if 1 tin or 45 minutes if 2 tins.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Butterscotch Baileys
- Sago Plum Pudding
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Spiced Oat Muffins
- Jaffa cake
- Variation Best Ever Scones
- Nanna's Tea Cake
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Ginger crunch
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds