- 250 g softened unsalted butter, cubed
- 250 g softened mazipan, cubed
- 150 g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond essence
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 150 g Self Raising Flour
Pre-heat overn to 170 degrees celcius.
2. Place butter and mazipan in TM Bowl and process for 18 to 20 seconds on speed 5 (until 'pretty' smooth).
3.. Add almond essence and vanilla extract and process for 3 seconds on speed 4.
4. Leave TM on speed 3 and add eggs one at a time (through hole in the lid). Hot Tip: wait till each egg is 'pretty much' mixed in before adding the next, this step should take between 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Blitz to ensure eggs are completely mixed in for 30 - 50 seconds at speed 5.
6. Add flour to mixture and mix for 10 seconds at speed 5.
7. Blitz to ensure smooth, even consistency for 12 - 18 seconds at speed 6/7. Hot Tip: The mixture will appear to fold into itself when smooth (peep through the top).
8. Pour into prepared "bunt" tin (ensure the tin is well buttered and floured), place into pre-heated oven and bake for between 40 - 50 minutes.
9. Allow to cool in tin prior to turning out.
Easy Almond Bunt Cake
Accessories you need
To raise this to a dinner party dessert: Sift icing sugar over the top, place berries (of your choice) in the center hole and serve with ice cream or fresh whipped cream. Yum!
Note if you don't want to spend the time preparing the bunt tin, this recipie works with spring fold cake tins. I just like the bunt tine because it is pretty...
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- Cacao Protein Slice
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies
- Healthy Oat Slice
- Caramilk Truffles
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice