- 3 eggs, separated
- 110 g white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 55 g cornflour
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Thoroughly wash and dry TM bowl.
2. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin, or 2 x 20cm sandwich tins.
3. Place a separate bowl on top of the TM lid and weigh in cornflour, flour and baking powder.
4. Mill sugar 2 seconds/speed 10 and set aside.
5. Add egg whites and salt to TM bowl, insert butterfly whisk and mix 30 seconds/speed 3.5 or until egg whites are stiff.
6. Mix speed 3 and gradually spoon the reserved sugar through the hole in the TM lid until the sugar is dissolved (about 1 minute 30 seconds).
7. Leave butterfly in, add egg yolks and mix 10 seconds/speed 2.
8. Remove butterfly whisk.
9. Add flour mix into TM bowl and mix 5 seconds/speed 2.
10. Pour into prepared cake tin.
11. Bake 190C 15-20 minutes or until sponge springs back when lightly touched.
12. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Adapted from Edmonds Cookbook, 54th edition page 67: Edmonds Fielder's Classic Sponge.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Ginger Crunch Bliss Balls - Paleo
- Paleo cacao slice
- Pete Evans Paleo Coconut Macaroons
- Valentine's Raw Chocolate Cheesecake (paleo, vegan)
- Buckwheat Crackle
- Chai Smoothie
- Oaty Date Bars
- Chia and Cashew Breakfast Pudding
- Cashew and chia seed breakfast pudding
- Healthy crackers
- Coconut and lemon balls
- Pistachio and prune truffles